My current desktop machine is a beefed up 27″ iMac. I love this thing, every time I go on the road with my MacBook Pro I look forward to getting back to my iMac for serious productivity. Do you really need 27 inches? Yes. With visual workspace I say more is better 90% of the time especially when working with HD Video and 18MP RAW images. Needless to say, this machine should get me through 2013 with ease!
Here are the specs:
- 27″ 2560 x 1440 IPS Display (Calibrated with Spyder3).
- 3.1 GHz Core i5 Quad Core Processor
- 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory
- 480 GB SanDisk Extreme SSD (SandForce SF-2281 Controller, 24 nm NAND) – Boot
- 1 TB Velociraptor 10,000 RPM HDD – Media
- AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1GB Graphics Card
- 24″ Dell 2408WFP Monitor (1920 x 1200)
- Apple Magic Mouse
- 2003 (A1016) Apple Bluetooth Keyboard (Full Layout)
- Logitech F540 Wireless Headset
- Belkin 7-Port USB Hub
- Lexar USB Memory Card Reader
- Altec Lansing FX6021 3-Piece Speaker System
- Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch (CTH-460)