Google provides some hidden settings for customizing your YouTube videos, you can see the full documentation here. The following is a quick overview of the most relevant settings.
- “Google’s Provided Embed URL” + “?” + “setting name” + “=” + “setting value“
- To add additional settings add: “&” + “setting name” + “=” + “setting value” (Keep Repeating this for additional settings).
- So a full link looks like this: “http://www.youtube.com/embed/HwnIAnBfMc4?start=0&end=707“
- This will start the video at “0” seconds and end it at “707” seconds.
Set Start Time:
- setting name = “start”
- setting value = “starting time in seconds”
- “start=105” will start the video at 1:45
Set End Time:
- setting name = “end”
- setting value = “ending time in seconds”
- “end=243” will end the video at 4:03
Remove YouTube Branding:
- “modestbranding=1” will remove the YouTube Logo from your embedded video.
Turn On Autoplay:
- “autoplay=1” will cause the video to autoplay when the player loads
Loop the Video:
- “loop=1” will cause the video to continuously loop
Turn Off Related Videos :
- “rel=0” will turn off related videos at the end of the video
Hide Video Title & Info Bar:
- “showinfo=0” will hide the video title bar, this makes for a cleaner look but can be confusing if you have multiple videos on a page
- “theme=light” will change the player theme to a lighter palette.
Here is an example:
Here is the result: