Apple pushed out an update last week relevant for current iOS device owners, there a quite a few bug fixes that I hope they finally squashed. The only notable feature addition in 8.3 is a new Emoji Keyboard with 300 new characters (see this CNET article for tips on using the new keyboard). You can see the full release notes here.
The bug fixe/enhancement bullets that I am particularly excited about are:
- Improved performance for App responsiveness [I am glad I was not the only one with a laggy iPhone 6 Plus]
- Improved performance for 3rd-party keyboards [It gets a little better each update, I hope this is a bigger leap]
- Improves performance and stability issues that occurred when rotating the device between portrait and landscape
- Address issues that caused group messages to sometimes split [I really hope this works properly now!!]
- iCloud Photo Library has been optimized to work with the new Photos app on OS X 10.10.3 and is now out of beta [Nice to see this move forward, I still need to get my hands on the Photos app]
- Resolves an issue that sometimes prevented a preview from appearing when taking a photo in Messages
Note: I have had issues running the update. I have seen “Software Update not available at this time. Try again later.” many times, even while plugged in and on my home WiFi. A power cycle of the device allowed me to successfully update it.
Were any of this bugs bugging you? Tweet me @willcoffin !!